In RF (Radio Frequency) and microwave systems, a coupler is a device used to split or combine electromagnetic signals. It allows the distribution of signals between different components or subsystems while maintaining signal integrity and minimizing signal loss. Here's some information about couplers in the RF and microwave category:
- Types of Couplers:
- Directional Coupler: A directional coupler is a widely used coupler that splits an input signal into two output signals, commonly referred to as the "through" and "coupled" ports. It provides a known coupling factor between the ports and has separate input and output ports for power monitoring or feedback.
- Hybrid Coupler: A hybrid coupler is a four-port device that can be used to split an input signal equally between two output ports, often referred to as the "even" and "odd" ports. It provides a balanced power division, maintains good isolation between the ports, and offers good phase characteristics.
- Power Divider/Combiner: A power divider (or power combiner) is a coupler that splits (or combines) an input signal into multiple output signals (or combines multiple input signals into a single output). Power dividers are often designed to provide equal power distribution among the output ports.
- Wilkinson Power Divider: The Wilkinson power divider is a specific type of power divider that achieves good isolation between the output ports and provides impedance matching at all ports. It is commonly used in applications where high isolation and good power division are required.
- Rat-Race Coupler: A rat-race coupler is a type of coupler used for 180-degree phase shifting and power splitting or combining. It consists of a ring structure with multiple transmission lines and is often used in applications such as phase shifters and microwave mixers.
- Applications of Couplers:
- Signal Monitoring: Couplers are frequently used to monitor the power level or quality of signals in RF and microwave systems. By tapping a small portion of the signal power, the coupled port can be connected to a power meter or other monitoring equipment.
- Power Distribution: Couplers enable the distribution of power between different components or subsystems in a system. They can split the power from a single source into multiple paths or combine the power from multiple sources into a single path.
- Signal Sampling: Couplers are used for signal sampling in applications such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers. By coupling a small portion of the signal, it can be directed to the measurement equipment while leaving the main signal path unaffected.
- Antenna Feeding: Couplers are employed in antenna systems to split power between multiple antennas or combine signals from different antennas. This allows for beamforming, diversity reception, or other antenna array configurations.
Couplers in the RF and microwave category are available in various designs and specifications to suit different applications and frequency ranges. They are essential components for signal distribution, monitoring, and control in RF and microwave systems, ensuring efficient and reliable operation.
|NO||Part No.||minimum Frequency (MHz)||Maximum Frequency (MHz)||Nominal Coupling (dB)||Coupling Flatness (±dB)||Typical Directivity (dB)||Insertion Loss (dB)||Max Input Power (W)||Typ. Return Loss (dB-50 Ohm)||Operating Temperature (°C)||Data Sheet|
|1||DCP-0.2-250-20-SF||2,00||250||194,00||1,00||36||25,00||4,00||24||-55 to 100|
|2||DCP-1-400-10-SF||1,00||400||10,00||15,00||30||8,00||1,00||22||-55 to 100|
|3||DCP-1-2000-11-SF||1,00||2.000||11,00||15,00||28||15,00||5,00||16||-55 to 100|
|4||DCP-2-600-11-SF||2,00||600||11,00||15,00||35||1,00||5,00||18||-55 to 100|
|5||DCP-5-500-10-SF||5,00||500||105,00||25,00||35||7,00||1,00||22||-40 to 85|
|6||DCP-5-1000-9-SF||5,00||1.000||9,00||15,00||18||1,00||1,00||20||-40 to 85|
|7||DCP-5-1000-20-SF||5,00||1.000||20,00||2,00||20||5,00||1,00||20||-40 to 85|
|8||DCP-5-1000-30-SF||5,00||1.000||30,00||5,00||25||6,00||1,00||22||-55 to 100|
|9||DCP-5-1500-7-SF||5,00||1.500||7,00||15,00||20||22,00||5,00||15||-40 to 85|
|10||DCP-50-2000-17-SF||50,00||2.000||17,00||5,00||18||9,00||2,00||15||-40 to 85|
|11||DCP-50-6000-10-SF||50,00||6.000||10,00||5,00||26||35,00||1,00||18||-40 to 85|
|12||DCP-4000-20000-22-SF||4.000,00||20.000||22,00||15,00||15||8,00||1,00||18||-40 to 85|
|13||DCP-6000-18000-21-SF||6.000,00||18.000||21,00||7,00||16||6,00||1,00||20||-40 to 85|